School of Computing and Informatics
The School of Computing and Informatics at Al-Hussein Technical University (HTU) in Amman invites applications for two academic positions in computer science and information science starting either in the Spring Semester 2019/2020 or the Fall Semester 2020/2021.
Successful candidates should have teaching experience in internationally accredited English-speaking universities, profound professional experience in the Information Technology industry, with solid publication record, and must have established or exhibit the potential to establish a strong, externally sponsored research program.
He/she will play a key role in supporting the School in achieving its mission and vision for its undergraduate programs. He/she is expected to teach a typical load of three to four units per semester, in addition to participating in curriculum development, quality assurance and accreditation, community and industrial outreach, and research.
The two positions are:
1. Assistant Professor or Full Time Lecturer in Big Data/Data Science/Data Analytics (Ph.D. holder)
2. Assistant Professor or Full Time Lecturer in Machine Learning/Deep Learning/Neural Networks (Ph.D. holder)
Interested candidates should submit an application that includes:
1. Letter of intent
2. Recent curriculum vitae
3. Statement of teaching (max 2 pages)
4. Statement of research interests and vision (max 2 pages)
5. Names and full contact details of three referees who are willing to provide a reference for the candidate
6. Scanned copies of the B.Sc., M.Sc. and Ph.D. certificates and transcripts
7. Certificate of equivalency from the Ministry of Higher Education
8. Recent colour photograph
9. Copy of a form of personal identification
Please send all material as one pdf document to:
Application deadline: 19th January 2020. The University retains the right not to fill these positions if no suitable candidates are found.
School of Engineering Technology
The School of Engineering Technology, invites applications for multiple Assistant Professor positions and Teaching Assistants in applied mechanics, thermal engineering, Electrical power and Energy. Exceptional candidates in other areas will be considered as well. The review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Applicants are requested to submit a cover letter describing their qualifications for this position, a teaching statement, a research statement, a comprehensive curriculum vitae or resume. Applications need to be submitted electronically to:
Google form for vacancies Spring 2019
Please follow the link above in order to submit your application for the available vacancies and proceed with the instructions provided below:
1) Sign in to a google account (Gmail) to proceed or create one;
2) Choose the vacancy you are interested in;
3) fill out accurately all the required information;
4) attach your CV in the required section;
5) complete the cover letter in the required section (3500 character limit).