Welcome to the fourth industrial revolution and the age of disruption!
At Al-Hussein Technical University (HTU) we believe that complementing hard technical skills with leadership, entrepreneurial and design thinking skills is essential in giving engineering and business graduates a competitive edge in securing high quality employment and/or enabling them to start their own business ventures.
So, if you are an innovator, a disruptor or an aspiring entrepreneur with a mission to change the world then we invite you to apply for the second iteration of
HTU’sAccelerated Innovation & Entrepreneurial Bootcamp II
delivered by the Center for Innovation & Entrepreneurship Excellence (CIEE) in collaboration with SPARK-Jordan and Al-Quds Academy for Scientific Research (QASR)
The Bootcamp is a 4-week long journey of learning-by-doing where participants will work in teams to develop a technological solution in one of the frontier technologies to a chosen challenge that meets a real need in the market, and that has a social and/or environmental impact and addresses one (or more) of the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
The teams will compete for a chance to win financial support and potential incubation at HTU’s The CORE Incubator. Each team will develop a final pitch, and two prototypes as follows:
- A viable and scalable business model prototype.
- A hardware prototype based on Arduino and/or Raspberry Pi.
Participants will receive in-depth training equipping them with best-in-class skills and practical knowledge and mindset to become successful entrepreneurs or intra-preneurs. The bootcamp covers the following board themes:
- Servant Leadership & Team Building.
- Entrepreneurship: Mindset, Business Modeling, and Value Proposition Design.
- Innovation & Human Centered Design.
- Hardware prototyping using Arduinos, Raspberry Pi, sensors and other electronic components.
Who is this for & Eligibility?
This Bootcamp targets unemployed graduates in engineering, IT or business majors with or without work experience.
- Currently unemployed.
- Graduated from an accredited Jordanian University in one of the following majors:
- IT or Computer Science
- Business (such as Marketing, Finance, Management, etc..)
- English proficiency.
- Full commitment to attend the entire program and be on time every day from 9am to 4pm.
- Have secured transportation to and from HTU campus in the King Hussein Business Park.
- Passionate and driven to change the world.
*Knowledge in Arduino and/or Raspberry Pi is highly beneficial and preferable.
What is the cost?
All costs are covered by SPARK-Jordan, Al-Quds Academy for Scientific Research and HTU.
- Learn and complement your current skillset with sought after design thinking, innovation and entrepreneurial skills.
- Improve your capacity and self-confidence to secure employment after receiving certification.
- Learn what it takes to start a company.
- Learn from top experts in the field who have successfully launched startups and understand the Jordanian startup ecosystem.
- Collaborate with a diverse group of peers working on real-life challenges.
- Build & prototype a solution based on a real-life challenge using both hardware & software.
- Improve your soft-skills in communication, presentation, team building and leadership.
- Receive HTU’s Innovation & Entrepreneurship Certification.
How to apply?
Fill out the application form by clicking on the provided link.
Kindly note that you are required to record a two-minute video in English describing your skillset and telling us why you deserveto be in this bootcamp.
watch a short video of our previous bootcamp
Dec 15th ~ Jan 5th2018 Application Open
Jan 2~ Jan 9th2019 Selection & Filtering
Jan 10th, 2019 Decision Notices
Jan 15th, 2019 Program Starts
Feb 14th, 2019 Program Ends
Feb 16th, 2019 Final Pitch Certification & Graduation